What is NDIS support coordination?
Support coordination is about helping you make the most of your NDIS plan. It involves building capacity and connecting you to informal, mainstream and specialist support services in a way that best fits your life, so you can achieve your goals.
Support coordination may be required if you experience challenges because of your disability, have a limited support network, personal or social circumstance, lack of experience and knowledge navigating NDIS. Whatever your reason, know that we will walk with you through your entire NDIS journey.
What are the benefits of NDIS support coordination?
Support coordination focuses on improving your ability to manage and direct your own services. It gives the flexibility to:
- Facilitate conversations about what is possible for you
- Build your capacity to exercise choice and control
- Better coordinate and access a range of services to suit individual needs
- Access early intervention and more timely service responses
- Assist setting up and understanding service agreements
- Unpack and understand your NDIS budget
- Monitor the performance of your services
- Prepare for NDIS reviews
- Enjoy better quality and safeguards
How can I access NDIS support coordination?
Support coordination must be included in your plan under ‘Coordination of Supports’ support category. If you have already had your planning meeting and didn’t realise it was an option, you will either have to wait until the next plan review or request a review of your plan.